RCAT's Climate Conversations Start April 28, Plus Other Resources
Monday, April 18, 2022
By John Mathers
The Rotary Climate Action Team Network (RCAT) invites you to the April 28 launch of a Zoom series called Climate Conversations, at 4 pm Pacific Time (UTC – 7). The first session will feature RCAT Network leaders and Global Climate Change Ambassadors. Register here.
RCAT's Climate Conversations will be hosted by Gary H. White, a Rotarian from the RCAT chapter in San Mateo, California, US, and a full-time climate activist trained by former US Vice President Al Gore. The series will bring projects, ideas, information, and hopefully inspiration to our viewers as we conduct engaging conversations with Rotarian and other people taking climate action.
As most of you are aware, the IPCC Assessment #6, Working Group 3 report Mitigation of Climate Change was released April 4. Given the urgent message in this report, we at RCAT recommend that you watch the IPCC press conference including the powerful words of Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the United Nations, or read the press release.
If you are looking for some good reads about climate change, we recommend:
- Saving Us by Katherine Hayhoe, climate scientist at Texas Tech University and the Nature Conservancy
- How to Prepare for Climate Change by David Pogue, TV science personality
- Short Circuiting Policy by Leah Stokes, Energy Scientist at the University of California Santa Barbara
- Electrify by Saul Griffith, inventor and company founder
- Regeneration by Paul Hawken, climate activist and creator of Project Drawdown
- Speed and Scale by John Doerr, venture capitalist and chair of Kleiner Perkins
- Designing Climate Solutions by Hal Harvey, energy scientist and consultant